General Carpenter Pre-Apprenticeship Program for Women
FREE FOR QUALIFIED PARTICIPANTS
This training program is geared towards Indigenous women, or any woman interested in a career in carpentry.
Train to use hand and power tools while working with various construction materials. Learn the latest installation methods along with the best practices and workplace safety to make you employable in today's construction industry.
You will be guided and supported in culturally inclusive strategies during training and placement, with continued support as you transition into the workplace or futher education.
Location: Canadore College, Commerce Court Campus - North Bay
What you will learn:
Future Career Opportunities:
- Must be a woman 19 years of age or over
- A resident of Ontario, and eligible to work in Canada
- Must meet low-income eligibility criteria
- Have an OSSD, GED or Equivalent (those without an OSSD, and have a minimum of grade 10 may still be considered)
Further Your Education
Upon Completion Of The Program, Eligible Students May Pursue:
- Further General Carpenter Apprenticeship Training
- Other Training Opportunities at Canadore College:
- Building Construction Technician,
- Electrical Techniques
- Mechanical Technician-Welder Fitter
- Or other post-secondary programs
To determine eligibility or for more information please contact:
Tel: 705.474.7600 ext. 5366