City Transit Service
The City of North Bay provides regularly scheduled bus service to the College Drive, Commerce Court and Aviation Campuses. Service is direct from city centre with connections available from all parts of the city. All fulltime Canadore students are issued a bus pass for unlimited travel throughout the city.
Transit info is available on the Official City of North Bay Website
Bus Pass Fee
As of September 1, 2010, a North Bay Transit Pass has been included in the tuition costs of all full-time Canadore students. The $186.43 fee is charged to the student’s ancillary fees as a result of a student referendum that took place January 2009. Bus passes are effective from September 1, 2011 to April 30, 2012.
The bus pas is incorporated into the student card. Lost cards should be reported to the Admission’s Office as soon as possible so that a replacement card may be produced.
Following MTCU guidelines, refunds, including bus passes, will be issued for those students who withdraw within the first 10 days of school. Refunds will not be issued after the 10-day period as per MTCU guidelines.
Any questions regarding the bus pass should be directed to the Canadore Students’ Representative Council (CSRC) at: email@example.com or by calling (705) 474-7600, extension 5528, fax at (705) 474-7732 or by mail to CSRC – Canadore College, PO Box 5001, 100 College Drive, North Bay, ON P1B 8K9.
Frequently Asked Questions About the New Bus Pass Fee
- What if I have my own car - can I opt out of the bus pass fee?
No, students will not be able to opt out of the bus pass fee. In order to ensure the best pricing for all full-time students, all students must be charged this fee.
- Can I receive any type of refund if I have my own car?
No, students will not receive a refund if they own their own vehicle as the fee is part of the tuition costs for all full-time students.
- Do I get a discount on a parking pass if I have to pay the bus pass fee?
No, students will not receive a discount on a parking pass.
- If I withdraw or am withdrawn for academic reasons from my program, is my bus pass still valid?
No, the bus pass will not be valid if a student withdraws or is withdrawn from their program and the college.
- Will I have to carry two cards, one for a student card and one for a bus pass?
No, the student card and bus pass will be combined on one card with an expiration date on the card.
- If I am a part-time student, am I able to obtain a bus pass?
No, the bus pass is for full-time students only as it is part of a set ancillary fee, however; part-time students are eligible to purchase a transit pass at a reduced student rate when purchased through North Bay City Hall.
- If I am a part-time student, do I have to pay the transit?
Part-time students are eligible to purchase a transit pass at a reduced student rate when purchased through North Bay City Hall.
- If I don’t want a bus pass, can I get a refund?
No, students will not be able to opt out of the bus pass fee. In order to ensure the best pricing for all full-time students, all students will have to pay this mandatory ancillary fee.
- My course starts before September. How am I supposed to get to school?
Early start students (Aviation programs, Dental Assistant) will receive a combined bus pass and student card that takes into consideration the early start date of their program. This is done at no extra cost to the student.
- My course ends after April 30. How am I supposed to get to school?
Students in extended programs (Aviation, Dental, Practical Nursing) whose winter semester extends beyond April 30 will receive a combined bus pass and student card that takes the later end date into consideration. This is done at no extra cost to the student. Students starting a new semester in the spring (see list below) will need to purchase a bus pass for the spring semester. Specific details regarding this will be communicated to students via their Canadore College email account.
- Building Construction
- Business programs
- General Arts and Science
- Motive Power Tech.
- Personal Support Worker
- Theatre Arts
- Welder Fitter (45 week program)
- I’m on placement during my last year and I won’t be living in North Bay. Why should I have to pay for a bus pass?
The student bus pass fee is levied to all full-time students regardless of placement. In order to ensure the fee of $181.00 all full-time students must pay this fee.
- Will I be able to claim the cost of the bus pass when I do my taxes?
The cost of the bus pass will be included on your T2202 as part of the tuition fees you pay, and therefore, you will claim this fee as you do your tuition fees.
- What happens if I lose my student card? Can I get a replacement? Where do I go and how much will it cost?
Students may receive a reprint from the Registrar’s Office. Cost for replacement is $10.