First Peoples' Centre
“Your Home Away From Home”
We have two offices (and a tipi) to serve you, located at the Education Centre Campus in C254 and at Commerce Court Campus, W100. These areas have been designed to ensure a comfortable learning environment for you. Your academic and general counselling needs can be met by booking a session with one of our Aboriginal counsellors. Cultural resources, peer tutoring and mentorship can be accessed to enhance your educational experience. Our goal is to offer cultural relevancy within post-secondary programming combined with integration and articulation of post-secondary programs to increase student opportunities for dual diplomas, certificates, and/or specialization and employment options for graduates.
First Peoples’ Centre Fast Facts:
- Over 350 Aboriginal students attend Canadore College annually from across Ontario, Quebec and the rest of Canada. Many Nations are represented including: Ojibway, Oji-Cree, Cree Algonquin, Métis, Mohawk and Inuit.
- The Canadore Aboriginal Student Association (CASA) organizes ongoing fundraising for student activities and special events. CASA members develop leadership skills while helping to build a sense of community for Aboriginal students.
- The Canadore Student Representative Council has an elected position to the Council to ensure that the quality of Aboriginal student life at Canadore is maintained.
Count Me In!
How do I self-identify?
You can self-identify at any time.
- Complete the online self-identification form at: http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/rdzXG0OZoebLtbF9NEx4kgfel
- Complete the Count Me In! postcard found at all front line service desks located throughout the college at each of our campuses and return to the service desk.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org